Master of Education
At Acadia, you'll enjoy a different and more personal experience than you'd find at a larger university. You'll grow as an educator in a welcoming, technology-oriented learning environment, where you'll be supported with personal and responsive client service. You'll have a unique opportunity to form close working relationships with your instructors and your fellow students. We'll challenge you with innovative, critically responsive teacher education that will foster your academic achievement and personal development.
Our Master of Education programs are designed to meet the needs of working professionals, with full- and part-time options, summer courses, local on-site programs, online courses, and independent student options.
- Choose from program options including Counselling, Curriculum Studies, Inclusive Education, Leadership, and Curriculum Studies specializations for Music Education and Health Interprofessionals. Many programs have Thesis or Project options.
- Study throughout the year in one of our local, on-site cohort groups offered in collaboration with your local school board or other organizations. Cohort study is often paired with a Summer Institute on the Acadia University campus.
- Progress in your degree with flexible online courses.
- Join us on-campus for a three-week Summer Institute each July.
- Begin as an Independent Student if you cannot commit to a full MEd program. You can take up to four courses before applying for admission to the program.