Master of Education in Leadership
Acadia University's Master of Education in Leadership program is no longer accepting applications.
Students already in the program are being accommodated with all required courses needed for graduation.
Core required courses (12h):
- EDUC 5213 – Organizational Theory and School Culture
- EDUC 5913 – Theoretical Perspectives on Leadership
- EDUC 5933 – Equity and Leadership
- EDUC 5513 – Research Design or EDUC 50G3 – Research Literacy
Non-thesis students may substitute EDUC 50G3 – Research Literacy for EDUC 5513 – Research Design as their required research course.
Additional requirements (18h):
- Electives selected from graduate courses offered by the School of Education or approved graduate courses offered by other departments or schools
- 9h electives selected from graduate courses offered by the School of Education or approved graduate courses offered by other departments or schools
- EDUC 5113 – Qualitative Research in Education or EDUC 5523 – Quantitative Methods in Educational Research
- EDUC 5966 – Graduate Thesis
Please be aware that it is your responsibility to monitor your own program and to ensure that you have met degree requirements.
- Incorporates a variety of electives
- Designed for administrators, teachers, and other educational professionals
- Applicable to leaders in non-educational organizations
- Thesis option available